Re: Appropriate index for <= >= filter on generalizedTime

Roman Rybalko wrote:
I tried full GeneralizedTime format (with seconds, with fractions) but the
search works also slow.
Even the search
that works less than second and returns 2 entries, when reformatted as
works more than 50 seconds.

According to RFC4517 ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4517#section-3.3.13),
GeneraalizedTime has the syntax:

GeneralizedTime = century year month day hour
                            [ minute [ second / leap-second ] ]
                            [ fraction ]

which means that minutes and seconds may be omitted. Probably that's not
implemented... no problem.

My mistake. Our generalizedTime validator handles those optional components.

openldap version 2.4.23

How may I optimize (&(>=)(<=)) searches?

Aside from the equality index, there's not much else to be done. I'd suggest you pull the code in RE24 and see how back-mdb performs with your data.

  -- Howard Chu