Re: Filter character encoding independent

On 8/07/2012 20:44, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Approx indexing perhaps, which uses soundex?
We've tried this, but then '(givenName~=Francois)' matches a lot of
other names like: VÃronique, Franklin, Frank, Veronica, Franco, Faranak,
etc.
So this doesn't seem useful for us.

> Alternatively, you could try adding multiple values pairs, like
>
> givenName: Francois
> givenName;fr: FranÃois
Adding a tagging option for every character encoding independent
attribute seems a bit drastic and redundant. Is there really no other way?

Kr,

Philip