Re: there is no schema by the directory

Daniel Peinado Lopez wrote:
> I use jXplore and Apache Directory Studio to manage my LDAP from Windows,
> because it´s installed in one server.
> The problem is that when I try to add users it says I have no schema.
> Apache Directory Studio creates its own schema, and I can add data. But after
> that schema disapears and I can't work with jXplorer.

A wild guess: The access control configured on the LDAP server forbids to
retrieve the subschema subentry.

Try these ACLs which give full access to rootDSE and subschema subentry:

access to dn.base="" by * read
access to dn.base="cn=Subschema" by * read

Tweak it to satisfy your local security policy.

1. AFAIK jxplorer is unmaintained and has some bugs when handling NAME aliases
of attribute types (e.g. 'uid' vs. 'userid'). I'd rather recommend not to use it.

2. Last time I checked Apache Directory Studio did not have support for DIT
content rules. If you don't use them it doesn't matter. But I use DIT content

Ciao, Michael.