Re: Migrating from slapd 2.3 to 2.4

Hi!

> slapcat the old dit. slapadd later in the new (correctly configured)
> ldap server, before starting it (no need to use an ldap browser to
> import data).

> Correct things in the original schema files using a text editor and
> then run slaptest to create a correct slapd.d/ to be used for the
> config of your new 2.4.

For some reason, I had duplicate schema files in the
slapd.d/cn=config/cn=schema directory.  Removing the duplicate files
(with different {x} numbers) solved this problem.

I then got slapd to run with olc.  However, none of my TLS settings
transferred to the olc config.  Do you know how to add these?

Are there any docs you can point me to on this?  The ones I've found
via google have not helped me handle any of these exceptions.

> Note however that the use of the dynamic config in 2.4 is not
> compulsory. You can migrate to 2.4 first (be careful for your ACLs,
> because there are some changes since 2.3!) using a standard
> slapd.conf and, when everything is working properly, at a later
> stage convert to dynamic config. This is the approach I suggest; one
> thing at a time.

I'm contemplating this but I really dont want to go through this
again.  I've already spent so much time fighting slapd config, I'd
like to get it over with.  Yuck this transition sucks.

Thanks for your help.

Bobby