Re: How to enable monitoring in OpenLdap with cn=config Backend

Am 18.01.2012 12:34, schrieb Dieter KlÃnter:
If there are modules loaded already, modify the apropriate entry:
ldapmodify -D xxx -W -Hldap://some.host
dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
changetype: modify
add: olcModuleLoad
olcModuleLoad: monitor.la

or better, use a decent ldap client like web2ldap, ldapvi or Apache
Directory Studio.

In the last few days i configured "wildly" on my ldapserver...

Now i asked him for some data and got this one:

-----------------------
root@ubuntunb:/etc/munin# ldapsearch -x -D 'cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de' -W -b 'cn=Monitor' -s base '(objectClass=*)' '*' '+'
Enter LDAP Password:
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <cn=Monitor> with scope baseObject
# filter: (objectClass=*)
# requesting: * +
#

# Monitor
dn: cn=Monitor
objectClass: monitorServer
structuralObjectClass: monitorServer
cn: Monitor
creatorsName: cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de
modifiersName: cn=admin,dc=2axels-company,dc=de
createTimestamp: 20120120203804Z
modifyTimestamp: 20120120203804Z
 must be explicitly requested.
monitoredInfo: OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.21 (Nov 14 2011 20:35:32)
entryDN: cn=Monitor
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
hasSubordinates: TRUE

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

How could i access the monitoring data and is the monitor backend now working ?? For me it looks so.

Does someone of you use munin to monitor the slapd? I don't see any data there, but of course this is Off Topic now. Isn't it?

--

Gruà Axel