Re: How to enable monitoring in OpenLdap with cn=config Backend

Hi and good evening,

Am 09.01.2012 14:42, schrieb Buchan Milne:
>  >>  >    I need the documentation for the cn=config backend. I don't have an
>  >>  >    slapd.conf!
>  >
>  >  add something like
>  >
>  >  dn: olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config
>  >  objectclass: olcDatabaseConfig
>  >  olcDatabase: monitor
>  >  olcAccess: to dn.subtree=cn=monitor by users read
You should place it at the stdin of an invocation of ldapadd with appropriate
authentication as a DN that has write access to cn=config, or in an ldif file
provided after the -f option of said ldapadd.

i tried now to import the config from above with an ldif-file.

abirndt@ubuntunb:~/tmp/openldap_2axels-company$ 0_ldapadd_sample.bash cn_Monitor.ldif
Importing the following ldif-File(s):

<cn_Monitor.ldif>

Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "olcdatabase=monitor,cn=config"
ldap_add: Other (e.g., implementation specific) error (80)
	additional info: <olcDatabase> failed init

But i got the failure as shown.

Could you give me a hint what i could do?

--

Gruà Axel