Compare-Request on hashed userPassword

HI!

We have {SSHA}-hashed passwords in attribute userPassword.

One application sends CompareRequests with the clear-text password instead of
a BindRequest to validate the password which obviously fails. The application
vendor claims it is too much effort to change that behaviour in the
application. I guess this can only be solved in slapd by a custom overlay
intercepting the CompareRequest (which is effort too).

Or is there any other solution I don't know of?

Ciao, Michael.