Re: Local home directory with ADS LDAP authentication

2011/4/16 Arthur de Jong <arthur@arthurdejong.org>:
> On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 14:35 -0500, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
>> Can you give me some details of this ?
>
> nss-pam-ldapd is an alternative to nss_ldap and pam_ldap provided by
> PADL. Some distributions have packages for it but you should also be
> able to install from source. The NSS and PAM modules can be built
> separately.
>
> The nss-pam-ldapd homepage contains some documentation and downloads:
> http://arthurdejong.org/nss-pam-ldapd/
>
>> I do not want to mess up a working authentication mechanism if I can
>> avoid it.
>
> Authentication is provided by the PAM module but also requires the NSS
> module to be functional. The NSS module provides home directory, shell,
> etc. Configuration of nss_ldap and pam_ldap varies per distribution
> (/etc/ldap.conf, /etc/nss_ldap.conf,...). For nss-pam-ldapd a single
> file /etc/nslcd.conf provides the configuration for both modules.
>
> --
> -- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org --

Also, if that workstation only is used by a couple of users, a quick
workaround would be to add users to /etc/passwd like this:

---
+user123:::::/home/CAMPUS/user123:
---

That worked for me in openSUSE 11.3 and 11.4.

Regards,
Ciro

--
Ciro Iriarte