Re: Local home directory with ADS LDAP authentication

On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 14:35 -0500, Madhusudan Singh wrote:
> Can you give me some details of this ?

nss-pam-ldapd is an alternative to nss_ldap and pam_ldap provided by
PADL. Some distributions have packages for it but you should also be
able to install from source. The NSS and PAM modules can be built

The nss-pam-ldapd homepage contains some documentation and downloads:

> I do not want to mess up a working authentication mechanism if I can
> avoid it.

Authentication is provided by the PAM module but also requires the NSS
module to be functional. The NSS module provides home directory, shell,
etc. Configuration of nss_ldap and pam_ldap varies per distribution
(/etc/ldap.conf, /etc/nss_ldap.conf,...). For nss-pam-ldapd a single
file /etc/nslcd.conf provides the configuration for both modules.

-- arthur - arthur@arthurdejong.org - http://arthurdejong.org --