Re: ldap auth does not works after openldap upgrade

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 2:26 PM, <masarati@aero.polimi.it> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM, Leonardo Carneiro

> Hey, it finally worked! I've added the follwing in the cn=config database:
>
> olcAccess: {0}to *  by * read
>
> Since there was no acl rules for this cn or the bdb.
>
> I cannot thanks enough everyone that helped me, specially Andrews, Howard
> and Piearangelo for the killing tips.

This rule (the first rule, as I infer from the prefix {0}) means that
anyone can read everything, including passwords.  This probably solves one
problem you're having, but opens a can of worms.

p.

Yeah, i'm well aware of that. Now that we've found what the problem is, and how to solve it, i'll make more sofisticated rules that adresses this problem too.

Tks again.