Re: ldap auth does not works after openldap upgrade

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 02:51:19AM -0800, Howard Chu wrote:

> >I also suspect that there may not be a valid password set on the
> >cn=config suffix, so you will not be able to manage the server through
> >LDAP either.
>
> Since it's starting on ldapi:/// he should just do a SASL EXTERNAL
> bind on ldapi:// using Unix root. Pretty sure Debian packages it
> with the appropriate authz-regexp already configured.

I don't have a Debian Squeeze server at present so I cannot
check that.

Where is this documented? I am having great trouble finding
any clear description of how to actually access cn=config in
the bootstrap case. Similarly I cannot find anything that
clearly describes the use of SASL EXTERNAL with ldapi.

If you can point me at some authoritative statements I will
propose a patch for the Admin Guide.

Andrew