[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: How Indexes work?
- To: Bjørn Ruberg <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: How Indexes work?
- From: Steeg Carson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 23:00:16 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=ki2D1n8kYHBiIjbPCIg0vq9KC5lEOK6X2cJTkc+a4Kk=; b=m7ClJHXcL0HoLSXOuMq9rLY0czZJ1QD45DSYsNfh5BfVxwITJQmOYvjspELb37p1/0 m8B9+t2I3TnaI3NOSTk5IzMHiyudZ3iXCiQyLAB0c4H7uTKp+ZNXRWOCfyjTcLse8nLc Ic6jaWlNjNONS57iSgM7XPCGKMZ6RM5Qfsug4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=ORrYwlI7Cq+hJtI9GqP4HT4WotXKtjd21EtpV1fx6PKlT7o24g1xtS9NKTZWleNlRX vBgCk2FDuMJMCfoCNV6WJ7whdPHDk1rGVOOfvtLD0d69qee0BptMdGQv/N1UlluI8RLX 4W7dhs0YLXfdcv7myALASaJmM7ZCil2wCM5nM=
- In-reply-to: <4D0B4756.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTikhdKJ5s5JhshOiC8erF3xc58_O+RMKbh=nJsgU@mail.gmail.com> <4D0B4756.email@example.com>
2010/12/17 Bjørn Ruberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Steeg Carson:
>> I have a database, and my search is like shown above. The search takes
> Did you run slapindex after adding the index? Is the index file owned by the
> proper user account?
>> The cache is configured, the size is enough
>> (approx. dn2id.bdb + id2entry.bdb).
> You should configure the cache to be large enough to hold all indexes, not
> only dn2id and id2entry. See e.g.
I know this guides an I also read FAQs an Adminguide. dn2id plus
id2entry is a rule of thumb. If I calulate this like you told, its
approx the same size ...
>> But what I see, is that the write IO from LDAP is enormously (seen
>> with iotop). During the whole search, the write IO is higher than the
>> read IO.
> What is slapd's current loglevel?
loglevel is 0
I know, I should better use 256, but for this reason, I did switch off
logging :-( for testing.
> Also please note that it's not necessary to post the same message to the
> mailing list several times.
I sent my first posting 2 days ago, but it did not reach the list ....
My second question is missing in the list till now.
So I sent them a second time, because I thought they got lost.
But what about the first part of my question. in this Posting. How
will be a ldapsearch processed?
Does the slapd, search the whole database despite of indexes?
Thanks you very much