Re: How Indexes work?

Steeg Carson:
[...]

I have a database, and my search is like shown above. The search takes
long.

Did you run slapindex after adding the index? Is the index file owned by the proper user account?

The cache is configured, the size is enough
(approx. dn2id.bdb + id2entry.bdb).

You should configure the cache to be large enough to hold all indexes, not only dn2id and id2entry. See e.g.

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books//network_administration_guides/ldap_administration/tuning_BDB_HDB_Database_Caching.html

But what I see, is that the write IO from LDAP is enormously (seen
with iotop). During the whole search, the write IO is higher than the
read IO.
Why?

What is slapd's current loglevel?

Also please note that it's not necessary to post the same message to the mailing list several times.

--
Bjørn