[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Trying to understand an error message
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Trying to understand an error message
- From: Khaled Blah <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 15:07:01 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=DRLOcwPOMBErJrTN75OxU0Tz2qxGBCmOLyfwf/VZc5g=; b=vf7rgo1V1mINuU+He8oPi1eQiUW5mTeCSmz0IFOh1AS1ZsaHI3pKdfAUO1R5YdPTIO M97IMw26V5tdsZAtEVhFUx7/KTTy9mNT8eUYfU83PKvc8NjGB0LFNgBq5MXAkzu7oW5U AWnfqlZVkluB4OfFIThAKg7GBImkXYE+b6sZM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Fq9Ypa+bFPcRxhOxUcQXn2jNOcTjIcam2RCYy0seRLbflkuZWebz8TGP728HSXAppU L/JCrhBK9+H0djKH5PU0CH8WzcPt2QEv2HCPTZrVbO2JPKOy3bmQHQvwR86BoGTmb7DW FRBG+kdJUstMDBEeI2/+ixbr/l4NtKrBJtLGU=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <AANLkTiksKDQSuu2jL7g2zy6c0fDAukCwOCWG6XJW2fYemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thanks for your reply, Hallvard. Do I understand it correctly that I
can re-use LDAP structures on which a bind has already been done? Do
you know of any other stateful data I would have to look at?
2010/11/12 Hallvard B Furuseth <email@example.com>:
> Khaled Blah writes:
>> My application creates LDAP structures (using ldap_init) and re-uses
>> these structures whenever possible so that the least number of LDAP
>> binds have to done. Is there anything I need to do after an LDAP
>> operation has finished or maybe do I have to unbind at some point to
>> make sure the LDAP structure remains in a valid state? I would be
>> happy to receive any insight into this.
> With LDAP *ld, call ldap_unbind(ld) when you are finished with ld, and
> not before. ldap_unbind() is actually the destructor for an LDAP*, in
> addition to sending an Unbind message.