Re: Problem with persistent search in OpenLDAP 2.4.23

Tom Leach <leach@coas.oregonstate.edu> writes:

> Here is the primary database definition, and it's the tree that I'm
> trying to run a persistent search against.  I have the syncprov
> overlay loaded towards the end after the syncrepl and accesslog stuff.
> The "overlay syncprov" three lines are the only lines in slapd.conf
> that reference syncprov.
> Thanks!
> Tom
>
> database        bdb
> suffix          "dc=coas,dc=oregonstate,dc=edu"
> rootdn          "XXX"
> rootpw         secret
> directory      /usr/local/var/openldap-data
> index   objectClass     eq
> index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
> index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
> index uniqueMember                      eq,pres
> index entryCSN,entryUUID                eq
>
> syncrepl rid=123
>         provider=ldap://XXX
>         starttls=critical
>         type=refreshAndPersist
>         interval=00:00:05:00
>         retry="5 20 300 +"
>         searchbase="dc=coas,dc=oregonstate,dc=edu"
>         filter="(objectClass=*)"
>         attrs="*,+"
>         scope=sub
>         schemachecking=off
>         bindmethod=simple
>         binddn="XXX"
>         credentials=XXX
[...]

This is a syncrepl synchronisation, persistantSearch is not supported
by OpenLDAP.
If you want to receive modified entries, you should use
Net::LDAP::Control::SyncRequest
Unfortunately, this perl modul doesn't connect properly in
refresh and persist mode (according to the author) but only in refresh
only mode.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung