Re: Problem with persistent search in OpenLDAP 2.4.23

Tom Leach <leach@coas.oregonstate.edu> writes:

> Here is the primary database definition, and it's the tree that I'm
> trying to run a persistent search against.  I have the syncprov
> overlay loaded towards the end after the syncrepl and accesslog stuff.
> The "overlay syncprov" three lines are the only lines in slapd.conf
> that reference syncprov.
> Thanks!
> Tom
> database        bdb
> suffix          "dc=coas,dc=oregonstate,dc=edu"
> rootdn          "XXX"
> rootpw         secret
> directory      /usr/local/var/openldap-data
> index   objectClass     eq
> index ou,cn,mail,surname,givenname      eq,pres,sub
> index uid,memberUid                     eq,pres,sub
> index uniqueMember                      eq,pres
> index entryCSN,entryUUID                eq
> syncrepl rid=123
>         provider=ldap://XXX
>         starttls=critical
>         type=refreshAndPersist
>         interval=00:00:05:00
>         retry="5 20 300 +"
>         searchbase="dc=coas,dc=oregonstate,dc=edu"
>         filter="(objectClass=*)"
>         attrs="*,+"
>         scope=sub
>         schemachecking=off
>         bindmethod=simple
>         binddn="XXX"
>         credentials=XXX

This is a syncrepl synchronisation, persistantSearch is not supported
by OpenLDAP.
If you want to receive modified entries, you should use
Unfortunately, this perl modul doesn't connect properly in
refresh and persist mode (according to the author) but only in refresh
only mode.

Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
sip: 7770535@sipgate.de