[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: Dieter Kluenter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: ldap
- From: Shabbir Ahmed <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:02:47 +0500
- Cc: openldap-technical <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:received:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=lMbXSLDFofAxyTvfQoaVa4IL5Jvq87icGZcFUjrbrZ0=; b=Nwo95nsTylC10SdyLETHBqUw+joTf6wxBw7pHvHYcX3r5DTGGYNAP3MdhjSDixPyFW uAyR0jj+Unq3gwYpPsLF7y8AIluWVXOzqu2aA6vxGS+LK4lp5WrWCPLg2HN8wC8J8oYE Fs8gXK77KDm2gUXF5uwhseK4TifQJohh6ZSQU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=GwwFfzKTOnd4DLRFiMdBhPNnJP3zNxc+NvtZK4n7A5zmGPiAtyHxBfMQ47k9nUNw2r oGD6wNIybYcUMKkI806hNHtUwgea+SJh3EXo5Sk9t1cNBe3sbYixjVWKlZoDbiBMlJIU GcfG7qU8KXJE26T5VAMP7E8pCgvriend5pgrY=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
cant move to mysql.
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Dieter Kluenter <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Am Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:20:33 +0500
schrieb Shabbir Ahmed <email@example.com>:
You have a few more options.
> i am running a directory service which will hold about a million
> entries which is running openldap mean time, i m runnig a oracle DB
> which holds the same db for SQL clients and i store the same data in
> openldap as well for the client of directory services, now what i
> want is to run a single DB (oracle) and openldap should be able to
> access it from there or any other directory service,
> now i want a good suggestion from you people whether i should run
> Oracle Internet Directory and make changes in SQL db which is
> reflected in Directory.
> second option is to run ldap but compiled with oracle DB as backend
> besides BDB so the data is saved in one place and when ever directory
> client accesses it openldap fetches it from the oracle DB and replies
> to client.
> third option is that i run it as it is with duplicating data in both
> oracle db and openldap but i am only worried for the performance
> issues in future ill face.
- You may compile openldap with sql support, and create a sql backend
which has access to your Oracle database,
- you may move your Oracle Database to a mysql cluster and create a ndb
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
GPG Key ID:8EF7B6C6
- From: Shabbir Ahmed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Re: ldap
- From: Dieter Kluenter <email@example.com>