[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: openldap-technical <email@example.com>
- Subject: ldap
- From: Shabbir Ahmed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 16:20:33 +0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:sender:received:date :x-google-sender-auth:received:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=xvPgXIcGO0YMH24ApfQdtRaF2KUXEfmnazgbrHf75mk=; b=TqWsTnNaP42PintaLbpOgkbYJgJCqctTKwMbqpiglyOf88jd44nBnqli7wyVEq8SKG SBHbiBUUCXPxkLqcUMkSDJ03JPp4lrVsBPqPmdkuJJd22AUfMmtu7OLMHH/5a3XWU1M2 b6VupXU0RI1xN0VtkHJVx3wdM40Re1OLUN5uI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:date:x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; b=XLhhr5I6vtwLW9QuZ3NGSR5MZ9DAlP5AB1FDGdMl3L1kcT3VZenKr2Xwp7fQm9m+Bd X0PEF6ojRPmD2j7c6chxAE2dn+HXD4RXFVKFfbVBOUjyR1LnBX4LS6DR725ccsBmLoPE V1g08ZZNXxY9G2+Pb7OnKNEQICOtNlivY1afc=
i am running a directory service which will hold about a million entries which is running openldap mean time, i m runnig a oracle DB which holds the same db for SQL clients and i store the same data in openldap as well for the client of directory services, now what i want is to run a single DB (oracle) and openldap should be able to access it from there or any other directory service,
now i want a good suggestion from you people whether i should run Oracle Internet Directory and make changes in SQL db which is reflected in Directory.
second option is to run ldap but compiled with oracle DB as backend besides BDB so the data is saved in one place and when ever directory client accesses it openldap fetches it from the oracle DB and replies to client.
third option is that i run it as it is with duplicating data in both oracle db and openldap but i am only worried for the performance issues in future ill face.
Ill be thank full for the help.
- Re: ldap
- From: Dieter Kluenter <email@example.com>