rwm-map like functionality that copies attributes

Hi!

I'd like to implement some kind of attribute-mapping so that the
attributes cn and displayName contain the same values. I am thinking
about something similar to

  rwm-map attribute displayName cn

However, I don't want to map the attribute names but I want to copy the
attribute values, so I guess rwm-map won't be the right way to do it.

I found an old mail in the archives that suggests to write an own
overlay for that job...
http://www.mail-archive.com/openldap-software@openldap.org/msg12720.html

I wonder if such kind of functionality has already been developed since
that time?

Thanks,
--leo
--