Re: Brining up replication with an already live server?

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
I have two DSAs of the same version (2.4.20).  One is empty and the
other is stand-alone.  I want to configure multi-master;  can I add the
syncrepl directives to the live server and then bring up the other
server and add the syncrepl directives - will the second server then
syncronize with the live server (which already contains configuration,
etc...).  Or do I need to start with two empty DSAs?

You can sync the empty server with the live server, but pulling down an entire database thru the network protocol is a lot slower than slapcat/slapadd...

--
  -- Howard Chu