[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: slow search and connection problem
- To: Jonathan Clarke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: slow search and connection problem
- From: mukim pathan <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:56:53 +0530
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=HuhY6HYmDFHeJ16v1KPOx0RlYXYcSjn8B9+o72EzNSw=; b=K/VIlLTbUICHLzh2DVGhP2FfU+kjB8hq88jAjNAU32Z3uvyoXKzg9n6+MdVzPEpas7 S8UU0n9RidjaeO0ef6HentArGi6yqVC9YUoNnhFnDHN/rsIvzGhmDr+/jnGQ1b0F01Ez GBArv9+b9XtGFq1QxhDRergQJBUj1MjKCCczM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=Jkyc1e9pFGpvWt1CDLMCRdSWGPF0MysGWW88J7gexuL0BnL/OCMIhWMPsEAaacHyJC Bq3I5pR03QghiONKmz9eKpppnXIQeFUhW8WQSEr9FOCh4xh1OtKZ1VeyY0aaoDTS9R6W 5CfgerZ8Lu/AQYjlaiHHKxI2WqRP5cGdU9lmc=
- In-reply-to: <4A6719AA.email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A6719AA.email@example.com>
it is taking about 2 sec to process 20 ldapsearch command. So ldapsearch command is also taking around 100ms to process and openLDAP server is not used by any other client. Also my search request is doing search on attr1, for which i have done indexing.
If the given configurations are optimum, can there be anyother reason for this delay in search?
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Jonathan Clarke <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 22/07/2009 11:48, mukim pathan wrote:
I am using openldap2.4.16 with bdb 4.5. I am doing search in database
using java. When I am doing search for first time, it is connecting and
giving response in 4-5 milliseconds. But then its is taking around
100-150ms for search.I don't know what might be the problem. I searched
online for this but could not find any solution. Following are my ldap
index objectClass eq
index attr1 eq
index attr2 eq
index attr3 eq
checkpoint 1024 60
set_cachesize 2 268435456 1
Please help me with any improvements i must do to get fast search result.
There could be many reasons to this behaviour, depending on other processes, the exact request, your Java application...
Do you see the same response times using the ldapsearch command, executing exactly the same search? At the same time, is it possible that the OpenLDAP server is in use by any other clients?