Re: slow search and connection problem

On 22/07/2009 11:48, mukim pathan wrote:
Hi,

I am using openldap2.4.16 with bdb 4.5. I am doing search in database
using java. When I am doing search for first time, it is connecting and
giving response in 4-5 milliseconds. But then its is taking around
100-150ms for search.I don't know what might be the problem. I searched
online for this but could not find any solution. Following are my ldap
configuration files.

slapd.conf :
include        /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include        /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/xxx.schema
allow bind_v2
concurrency 3
threads 3
database    bdb
suffix "dc=xxx,dc=com"
rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=xxx,dc=com"
rootpw        xxx
directory    /usr/local/var/openldap-data
index    objectClass    eq
index    attr1 eq
index    attr2 eq
index    attr3 eq
checkpoint 1024 60
cachesize 1000000

DBCONFIG:
set_cachesize 2 268435456 1
set_lg_dir /opt2/logs
set_data_dir /opt2/db
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE

Please help me with any improvements i must do to get fast search result.

Hi,

There could be many reasons to this behaviour, depending on other processes, the exact request, your Java application...

Do you see the same response times using the ldapsearch command, executing exactly the same search? At the same time, is it possible that the OpenLDAP server is in use by any other clients?

Regards,
Jonathan