[Date Prev][Date Next]
syncrepl randomly failing to sync
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: syncrepl randomly failing to sync
- From: Jay Christopherson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:40:55 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=gjaoS7ObZFdDqUZhkE6uc3hvD3AATuDnj3XsI5RXphI=; b=gOz57t+jJOnvns8cxn2S38Mt88lflJY1Wc4He/dygaOWBenIz9q0vN6OpcCRpdu8y4 tKG0R8R9y72vK13ZDwVyHxDMNPc4qAEN2vYe3cQAxqcbDYgxqdrnQc8ExQ+DlCMEf6Va EuEgN2FZ548Thm653uvI3BDm/1hGluLvR3pfA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=B5A5EH/1m5aHyovipqiayUs8Rarp4K39K6XHdUoqQuVc+9WSZfqPSwxnyrZMtggeKW KBhb1abE9NXsfeZeTKzT0Y1pdY0tVqYNmdwyBNACGf4+00xEnE24wFykhLYgPjOzt4cW iK+lquOp1Qx51/khC3pdKvfkNh956dQjGeTUQ=
First of all, I hope I am not rehashing a topic that has been endlessly discussed. I know that syncrepl gets discussed a lot from my searches, but I have not found a specific topic on my issue.
I started out with OpenLDAP 2.3, with a single provider and two consumers doing syncrepl using a refreshAndPersist type of replication. Periodically, I would see that one or more of the consumers would fail to synchronize a change made to the provider. A restart of the consumer would fix this and we could move on. It was annoying, but not critical at this point.
Since then, I have become more dependent on OpenLDAP and syncrepl. I have upgraded to 2.4 to try to fix the replication issue, but it seems worse than ever. I now have one provider and six consumers. The consumers randomly fail to synchronize (as evidences by contextCSN monitoring). This happens several times a day. I'm thinking that maybe there is something wrong with my configuratiuon. This is what I am using:
syncprov-checkpoint 1 10
limits dn.exact="cn=replica,o=users,dc=domain,dc=com" time.soft=unlimited time.hard=unlimited size.soft=unlimited size.hard=unlimited
Consumers (all consumers have the exact same config):
A few "weird" things:
* After the upgrade, I notice that the Directory Type on the Root DSE is still OpenLDAP 2.3
* I notice that where previously I could simple create a new consumer by installing a fresh copy of openldap, copying the config from another consumer over, and starting up to get a full copy of the directoy, it now fails to completely replicate and I have to do a full slapcat/slapadd to do the initial population.
Like I said, I hope it's just something stupid I am doing...