Re: sasl issue - but I don't want sasl atm

On Wednesday 01 April 2009 10:44:56 Da Rock wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 01:48 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> > Da Rock wrote:
> > > so I'm trying to
> > > work out how to setup the system to do a simple bind
> >
> > ldapsearch -x -D <bind-DN>
>
> I know that, thanks, but this is affecting other apps from obtaining
> data from the system. I can also just go ldapsearch -x for anonymous. It
> appears I'm all in or bust! Unless I can set it up so apps can do simple
> bind...

If you can do a simple bind (anonymous, or authenticated), there (in most
cases) is nothing preventing other applications from doing simple binds.
Having SASL support compiled in to the server does not prevent other
applications for doing simple binds.

Maybe you should provide more information about the applications in question,
and how they are configured.

(Note: In the past Apple's LDAP client software for Mac OS seems to use
whichever SASL mechanisms are advertised by the LDAP server, but this again
isn't about SASL support being compiled in or not).

Regards,
Buchan