Re: syncrepl issue

On Monday 30 March 2009 16:55:54 Michael Ströder wrote:
> Oliver Henriot wrote:
> > Dear Michael and list users,

> >> Please tell us the exact version.
> >
> > 2.3.27-8 on Centos5.2
>
> Note that the latest release in the 2.3 series was 2.3.43.

RHEL 5.3 ships more adequate 2.3.43 packages than they have in the past (most
overlays are now enabled, but shipped in a subpackage for some unknown
reason).

Since Centos 5.3 was recently released, there is no longer an excuse for
running a non-current 2.3 on Centos 5 or RHEL5.

> CHANGES in CVS branch OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_3 even mentions "2.3.44
> Engineering" with a fix.

But, whether another 2.3 release will be made is a different question ...

> If you go through CHANGES you will see many
> syncrepl-related fixes mentioned after 2.3.27. So you definitely should
> use a more recent version. (Yes, we all know the arguments for using the
> distro packages. This has been discussed before...)

Regards,
Buchan