RE: slapd won't run as service

--On Tuesday, December 16, 2008 9:22 PM -0800 Eddie Grenier <edo@edwaa.com> wrote:

set_lg_dir              /usr/local/var/openldap-logs

Admittedly, I know very little about these configuration options. I set
these parameters after finding a "suggested" DB_CONFIG file on the
internet.

Any help is much appreciated!

First, I would suggest you keep your replies on the list, so other people can gain knowledge too.

Second, it clearly notes it stores the log files in /usr/local/var/openldap-logs. I'm guessing the slapd user can't access that location.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc