Re: slapd won't run as service

--On Monday, December 15, 2008 5:42 PM -0800 Eddie Grenier <edo@edwaa.com> wrote:

I've installed, configured and run OpenLDAP on my server. However, if I
try to run it as a service using "service ldap start" it doesn't run.
Also, the configuration file step returns "OK" as does the starting slapd
step. I've narrowed it down to the fact that if slapd is run as user root
things work just fine. I've already done "chown -R ldap:ldap
/var/lib/ldap" but that doesn't seem to help. Here is the output I see
when trying to run as user ldap:

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

It can't read/write to whatever location the BDB logs files are stored in. I suggest you examine your DB_CONFIG file.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc