Re: import LDIF file from openldap to redhat directory server

On Friday 21 November 2008 10:41:27 Ivan Ordonez wrote:
> I have run "slapcat -l export.ldif" many times without stopping the ldap
> service and it seems fine, and worked perfectly.  Was there any reason
> why the service need to be stop while running slapcat? Just curious.

CAUTION: If data is being altered or updated when you perform a hot backup, a
mismatch can occur between the backup file and OpenLDAP server's final data.
There is a risk of inconsistent data when performing a hot backup.

That is why it is recommend to do hot backups at nights when there is not
write operations.

--
Jorge Armando Medina
ComputaciÃn GrÃfica de MÃxico