Re: import LDIF file from openldap to redhat directory server

I have run "slapcat -l export.ldif" many times without stopping the ldap service and it seems fine, and worked perfectly.  Was there any reason why the service need to be stop while running slapcat? Just curious.

Thanks,
-Ivan

piyush joshi wrote:
Use  slapcat  -l  users.ldif   but first stop the slapd service if using old version of OpenLDAP.