Re: Help with authz-regexp mapping kerberos

Rahul,
Sorry I am not clear in my explanations.
What I am trying to achieve is to login to my linux and solaris boxes
from the console or through a remote ssh session using Active directory
or kerberos credentials and have that effectively map to my users that
exist in the LDAP directory.
And this works with a catch..

If the username in LDAP (joe_montana) matches the kerberos principal
name (joe_montana) I have no issue.. I login using the kerberos username
and password and the uid, gid, for that user in LDAP is correct when
issuing the id command. So effectively it uses the kerberos credentials
and logs me in as that ldap user. Pam-krb is used for authentication and
things seem beautiful.

However in this case, I have user's with the 8 character unix naming
convention(migrated from NIS). I am trying to find the correct way to
map that username to the kerberos username. There has got to be a way!!
Actually reading over the openldap Admin guide, I see that it mentions
using passthrough authentication to an Active directory server. Seems
this is done by modifying the userPassword attribute of the ldap dn.
As I understand from reading the guide, for my user jmontana the entry
should look something like this..

dn: cn=jmontana,ou-People,dc=example,dc=com
userPassword: {SASL}joe_montana@EXAMPLE.COM

However all the userPassword attributes for the users are encrypted. I
delete the dn's userPassword attribute first off. But when I attempt to
add the userPassword attribute with the ldif below I still get an
encrypted password in the userPassword attribute. How can I get the
entry to show {SASL}joe_montana@EXAMPLE.COM? Is there something in
slapd.conf or ldap.conf I need to modify? I may be barking up the wrong
tree but it sounds like what I need.

dn: uid=jmontana,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: userPassword
userPassword: {SASL}joe_montana@EXAMPLE.COM

Also the Openldap Admin guide mentions that "the server must be built
with the --enable-spasswd configuration option to enable pass-through
authentication."
I am not sure how to check if this is the case. This is a RHEL5 box with
openldap-servers-2.3.27-8 rpm. I did not install from source, I used Red
Hat's precompiled RPM. Having to install from source is a whole other
can of worms. But I will do what I have to.

Thank you much
James

1. Re: Subject: Re: Help with authz-regexp mapping kerberos
      identity	to	dn --RAHUL (Rahul Amaram)

Message: 1