Re: Cannot find 2 particular users

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 08:26:06 Stelios A. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm going mad with this problem.
> Suddenly and without doing any modification 2 particular users cannot
> bind on slave ldap.
>
> Example:
>
> root@slaveldap:~# id user1
> id: psamara: No such user
>
> root@slaveldap:~# id user2
> id: idanias: No such user
>
> root@slaveldap:~# id stelios
> uid=1000(stelios) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)
> root@slaveldap:~#

Well this is not the best way to test and check if your ldap server is giving
the data.

You should try with ldapsearch, for example:

$ ldapsearch -b "dc=domain,dc=com" -D "cn=root,dc=domain,dc=com" -W uid=user1

> The above commands run fine on the master ldap server. Doing a search
> on slaveldap finds both user1 and user2.
> Because of the above lookup problem I cannot send emails to those 2
> users as I'm getting the following error from the email server which
> is running on the same machine.

This is directly related to NSS_LDAP, you should try to debug nss_ldap and
ldap server, increase debug at the server side and watch if your nss_ldap is
doing the right query.

--
Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México