Cannot find 2 particular users

Hello all,

I'm going mad with this problem.
Suddenly and without doing any modification 2 particular users cannot
bind on slave ldap.

Example:

root@slaveldap:~# id user1
id: psamara: No such user

root@slaveldap:~# id user2
id: idanias: No such user

root@slaveldap:~# id stelios
uid=1000(stelios) gid=100(users) groups=100(users)
root@slaveldap:~#

The above commands run fine on the master ldap server. Doing a search
on slaveldap finds both user1 and user2.
Because of the above lookup problem I cannot send emails to those 2
users as I'm getting the following error from the email server which
is running on the same machine.

Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
550 5.1.1 <user1@mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User
unknown in local recipient table

I have no clue what is going on and how to solve it. I also try to
delete and re-create the users but with same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot