Re: help with ldapsearch on uid

--On June 12, 2008 11:36:25 AM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

No bug in search, at least. The uid attribute was not part of the entry
until he explicitly added it with ldapmodify. Seems like he must have
used slapadd to create the entries in the first place though, since
ldapadd would not have created an entry without its RDN being present in
the entry.

I thought OL was recently updated to allow entry creation without RDN values. I.e., wouldn't ldapadd silently add it (not complain), and I'd assume slapadd should do the same thing. Either way, it seems like a bug to me that the RDN value was not added to the entry (and thus the index), whatever method was used to create the entry.

Principal Software Engineer
Zimbra, Inc