Re: help with ldapsearch on uid

Did you add an index on uid after creating the database, and then forget to slapindex it?

--On June 12, 2008 10:25:21 AM -0700 joshua@itsecureadmin.com wrote:

It looks like my issue deals with the uid not being defined as an
attribute, although it is part of the DN.  Is there any way to address
these objects, rather than purging the directory and starting fresh?
Modrdn maybe?

N/m, I was able to use ldapmodify to address these objects, and now I am able to search by uid.

]# ldapmodify -xZZ -D "cn=manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W <<EOF
dn: uid=2user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: uid
uid: 2user
Enter LDAP Password:
modifying entry "uid=2user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"

# ldapsearch -xZZ -D "cn=manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W uid=2user
Enter LDAP Password:
# 2user, People, example.com
dn: uid=2user,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: mailAccount
maildrop: 2user@nest.tld
mailid: 2user@nest.tld
maildir: 2user/
userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fSQxJERCQS5wdmZYJHblah
mailquota: 35969216S
uid: 2user

# search result
search: 3