Re: help with ldapsearch on uid

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On June 12, 2008 10:35:35 AM -0700 joshua@itsecureadmin.com wrote:

Did you add an index on uid after creating the database, and then forget
slapindex it?
No, the index on uid has been in effect since this db was created.  I also
re-ran slapindex on the database before posting to make sure without any
success.

Is it a bug that no results were returned until the uid attribute was
explicitly added?

Sounds like a bug to me. Can you reproduce this with OpenLDAP 2.4.10?

No bug in search, at least. The uid attribute was not part of the entry until he explicitly added it with ldapmodify. Seems like he must have used slapadd to create the entries in the first place though, since ldapadd would not have created an entry without its RDN being present in the entry.

--
  -- Howard Chu