Re: slapo-chain - can't get it working

Richard A Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

Use the example in test018 of the test suite.

test018 uses a global chain overlay.

Well, using that layout did allow remote updates

However, I need this to be database specific as there are several
databases being shadowed/cached (from various parts of the company),
but only this one is updatable...  Why forward requests to the
local master when they are doomed to fail ?

So, I took the working global chain, and tried to make it database
specific - and I'm back to square one (failure):

referral return when writing to a shadow database is handled by the frontend. That's why the slapo-chain(5) instance needs to be global. That's also the main reason global overlays were introduced at all.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.