Re: slapo-chain - can't get it working

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Howard Chu wrote:

Use the example in test018 of the test suite.

test018 uses a global chain overlay.

Well, using that layout did allow remote updates

However, I need this to be database specific as there are several
databases being shadowed/cached (from various parts of the company),
but only this one is updatable...  Why forward requests to the
local master when they are doomed to fail ?

So, I took the working global chain, and tried to make it database
specific - and I'm back to square one (failure):

database    hdb
directory   "/var/lib/ldap/cobpli.svl.ibm.com"
suffix      "dc=cobpli,dc=svl,dc=ibm,dc=com"
rootdn      "cn=Manager,ou=DSA,dc=cobpli,dc=svl,dc=ibm,dc=com"
overlay chain
chain-uri               ldap://ldap-master.cobpli.svl.ibm.com/
chain-idassert-bind     bindmethod=simple
                        binddn="cn=Manager,ou=DSA,dc=cobpli,dc=svl,dc=ibm,dc=com"
                        credentials=<password>
                        mode=self
syncrepl rid=1
    provider=ldap://ldap-master.cobpli.svl.ibm.com/
    starttls=no
    binddn="cn=Replicator,ou=DSA,dc=cobpli,dc=svl,dc=ibm,dc=com"
    bindmethod=simple
    credentials=<password>
    searchbase="dc=cobpli,dc=svl,dc=ibm,dc=com"
    schemaChecking=off
    type=refreshAndPersist retry="10 10 300 +"
updateref ldap://ldap-master.cobpli.svl.ibm.com/

If you're looking at docs that aren't from OpenLDAP.org they're most likely wrong or at least out of date. There are a few notable exceptions (symas.com / connexitor.com tend to be pretty good as well ;)

:)

--
Rick Nelson
<StevenK> You're rewriting parts of Quake in *Python*?