Re: ldapsearch returns Could not create LDAP session handle (3): Time limit exceeded

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 23:12:42 Brooks Campbell wrote:
> We upgraded some client servers from RedHat ES3U4 to Redhat ES4U2 and now
> the ldapsearch string we used in our monitoring software to check if the
> customers openldap server is working is returning errors.
>
> We were using:
>
> ldapsearch -x -H ladps://host.domain.com:636

The URI is obviously incorrect here, would you mind posting the *exact* URI
you are using?

For example, all our RHEL4 boxes (u0-u6) work with something like this:

ldapsearch -x -H ldaps://$server:636

(where I had set the shell variable server to the hostname of the server in
question)

Regards,
Buchan