[Date Prev][Date Next]
Exporting LDAP info from Active Directory / Exchange Global Address List
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Exporting LDAP info from Active Directory / Exchange Global Address List
- From: "Clemson, Chris \(IHG\)" <Chris.Clemson@ihg.com>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 12:17:51 -0000
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AchnJ/YbuQjTyOueRgWwnPmYQv21FA==
- Thread-topic: Exporting LDAP info from Active Directory / Exchange Global Address List
Hopefully I'm now sending this to the right list, apologies if not....
I am trying to find a way of exporting most information from the GAL
into an LDAP server.
It seems that OpenLDAP might do what I want, however I'm relatively new
to using LDAP, so I was wondering if someone could give me a few
pointers on how to do this.
It sounds like I need to use a slapd as a Proxy Cache Engine, so I can
cache an AD query (preferably the equivalent of the Exchange GAL) into
People can then use the OpenLDAP server as a Directory source in Outlook
without needing to log in to anything.
I need to do something like this so that people who do not have access
to the Exchange Servers can see (and therefore email) accounts in
I have found some mailing list articles that allude to this, but nothing