Re: migrating to another server - restore problem - slapcat slapadd

Hello,
I have solved the problem with JXplorer , which can export an ldap database in ldif format with hierachical order by default.
( the openldap version is 2.0..... and the slapcat utility doesn't had the -a option to filter .....)
Have a nice day,
Christophe Dumonet, From france.

Christophe Dumonet
Centre de Ressources Informatiques
Institut Francais de Mecanique Avancee (IFMA)
Campus des Cezeaux
BP 265
63175 AUBIERE Cedex
Tel : +33 - 4.73.28.80.64
Fax : +33 - 4.73.28.81.00
Mail : Christophe.Dumonet@ifma.fr

Howard Chu a écrit :
Christophe Dumonet wrote:
Hello,
I'm migrating from an old openldap server to a new one.

So, I have done a dump of the ldap database with a " slapcat -l
mydump.ldap -f /etc/openldap/slapd.conf -b "dc=mycompany,dc=com"
--> So I had a dump ldif file where organisational units and dn are
not in hierarchical order.

In my new server  ( which works fine , I can ldapadd some ou,dn , no
problem)
  -->  The slapadd command doesn't work because my ldap data in the ldif
file is not in hierarchical order.

You must still be using an extremely old version of OpenLDAP. Since OpenLDAP 2.2/back-bdb you can slapadd in any order.

I can't re-order manually this because it's a important database ( the
ldif -->  50Mo).

My slapadd command to restore is : slapadd -l mydump.ldif -f
/etc/openldap/slapd.conf -b "dc=mycompany,dc=com"
and the errors are relative to the ldif OU order, I had trying to
cut/paste in the ldif file some OUs to reorder and errors are reporting
to another OUs...which are not in hierachical order !

How can I do to restore quickly my data to my new server ?
Any help would be appreciated,
Christophe Dumonet, From france