Re: AD-style AUX classes

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> But the moment I copy those definitions, I end up exactly where I am
> now, with files that are *not* updated when it is decided, for some
> perfectly reasonable reason or other, to place that attribute in the C
> code of slapd.

Well, putting definitions in the code is basically related to the need
of using those definitions internally for some purpose.  I think this
need was discussed at some point, in view of the availability of
back-config, and Howard correctly pointed out that the load sequence
could be formalized a little bit more, to require:

- load standard track schema
- load modules (module-specific schema can be defined by modules)
- load global configuration
- load databases

In this way, there would be no need to have hardcoded standard track
items, provided those required by slapd are loaded at some point.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.