Re: AD-style AUX classes

Michael StrÃder wrote:
Andrew Bartlett wrote:

http://samba.org/~abartlet/ol-ad/backend-schema.schema

I cannot load this schema file in my build of OpenLDAP HEAD.

It seems that this is a monolithic schema file also containing standard attribute type declarations normally already defined within OpenLDAP's schema files. Are you planning to do it that way when deploying Samba 4 with OpenLDAP? I understand that there might be subtle differences between AD's schema declaration and how things are defined in RFCs.

But such a redefinition of standard schema elements would be problematic because OpenLDAP internally has hard-coded schema elements you cannot change by configuration. (These are just left as comments within the schema config files shipped with OpenLDAP.) And you don't know which schema elements will be transferred from schema files to the C code in the future.

Ciao, Michael.