Re: LDAP performance slow intermittently

Khoa Nguyen <khoa.coffee@gmail.com> writes:

> My LDAP server (version 2.3.43) performance is quite erratic; for a few
> minutes, search operations are lightning fast, and then it slows down to
> several seconds for a single search, and then it is fast again, etc.
>
> I am not sure how to troubleshoot/determine the root cause of this
> intermittent problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

It is hard to tell, but from my experience there are four or five main
reasons:
- insufficient memory,
- inadequate file system,
- lack of appropriate indexes,
- transaction logs, database and syslog on the same disk,
- network failures,
- misconfigured clients.

-Dieter

--