Re: LDAP performance slow intermittently

--On Wednesday, May 19, 2010 5:42 PM -0400 Khoa Nguyen <khoa.coffee@gmail.com> wrote:

My LDAP server (version 2.3.43) performance is quite erratic; for a few
minutes, search operations are lightning fast, and then it slows down to
several seconds for a single search, and then it is fast again, etc.

I am not sure how to troubleshoot/determine the root cause of this
intermittent problem. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Your email is very vague, for example, no idea what backend you are using (hdb/bdb/sql, etc). But generally I would check the cachesize & idlcachesize setting in slapd.conf, and I would ensure I have a properly configured DB_CONFIG file if it is back-bdb or back-hdb.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Engineer