Re: Mirror Mode, replicas and delta-syncrepl

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

1) On each replica, create a single syncrepl stanza that points to the
load balancer VIP.

2) On each replica, creates two syncrepl stanzas, each one pointing to
a different master.

I don't know the answer, but let me know when you figure it out. ;) I'd guess the first option would be best, since only one master will be receiving the writes as well, since you'll be using mirror mode.

I'm inclined to agree; if you're going to have some mechanism set up (as you must for mirrormode) to ensure that writes only go to one server, I believe it would make the most sense to use that same mechanism for replica determination. If your writes are (mis)directed, it'd make sense for your replicas to be similarly (mis)directed.