uidNumber doesn't match after slapd-upgrade

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before (but I have looked through the archives and didn't find anything). After upgrading from debian etch to lenny, I'm running the slapd version 2.4.11-1. The upgrade worked without any itches except for one thing - it seems I can't search for the attribute uidNumber anymore.
I've had a look at my schema files but they didn't contain a definition for uidNumber, so after reading I found out this is a builtin attribute.
So here's what happens:

this works without problems:
ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=wogri,dc=at -b dc=wogri,dc=at -h ldap.wogri.at '(&(uid=user))' -W -x

this results - amongst others in:

dn: uid=user,ou=People,o=myOrg,dc=wogri,dc=at
gidNumber: 100
uidNumber: 1000
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
gecos: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
uid: user

but this search, which should bring the same result doesn't work:
ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=wogri,dc=at -b dc=wogri,dc=at -h ldap.wogri.at '(&(uidNumber=1000))' -W -x

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

Using my LDAP-Browser I found out that the schema definition for uidNumber looks like this:
OID: 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0
Syntax: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
Equality: integerMatch

I don't quite get this (as I also don't see why it shouldn't work), unfortunately this breaks more or less my whole setup, so I'd be very thankful for an answer!

wogri

--
http://www.wogri.com