Re: uidNumber doesn't match after slapd-upgrade

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before (but I have looked through the archives and didn't find anything). After upgrading from debian etch to lenny, I'm running the slapd version 2.4.11-1. The upgrade worked without any itches except for one thing - it seems I can't search for the attribute uidNumber anymore.
I've had a look at my schema files but they didn't contain a definition for uidNumber, so after reading I found out this is a builtin attribute.
So here's what happens:

this works without problems:
ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=wogri,dc=at -b dc=wogri,dc=at -h ldap.wogri.at '(&(uid=user))' -W -x

this results - amongst others in:

dn: uid=user,ou=People,o=myOrg,dc=wogri,dc=at
gidNumber: 100
uidNumber: 1000
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
gecos: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
uid: user

but this search, which should bring the same result doesn't work:
ldapsearch -D cn=admin,dc=wogri,dc=at -b dc=wogri,dc=at -h ldap.wogri.at '(&(uidNumber=1000))' -W -x

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

Using my LDAP-Browser I found out that the schema definition for uidNumber looks like this:
OID: 1.3.6.1.1.1.1.0
Syntax: 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.27
Equality: integerMatch

I don't quite get this (as I also don't see why it shouldn't work), unfortunately this breaks more or less my whole setup, so I'd be very thankful for an answer!

If uidNumber is indexed, try running slapindex (after stopping slapd).

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.
via Dossi, 8 - 27100 Pavia - ITALIA
http://www.sys-net.it
Office:  +39 02 23998309