Re: syncrepl problem - nothing updated after initial syncronisation

"Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa" <ildefonso.camargo@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:
>> "Carl Johnstone" <carl.johnstone@gmgrd.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Trying to get 2 slapd servers setup for multi-master replication -
>>> they will eventually be in different physical locations. Once I've got
>>> the 2 servers running OK, I'll be adding in a 3rd location. I've
>>> followed the admin guide, using cn=config and have attached a LDIF
>>> dump of the config (with schemas removed).
>>>
>>> When I bring up the second server, with a minimal config. It correctly
>>> replicates across cn=config and sets up the main DB. It then correctly
>>> copies across all the data in the main DB to bring itself up-to-date
>>> with the server that's already setup. However from the point I bring
>>> it online it doesn't replicate any further changes to the first
>>> server. If I restart the second server the contextCSN is updated,
>>> however no other changes are replicated across.
>>>
>>> Is there anything obviously wrong with my config? Or have I hit a
>>> known problem?
>>
>> remove the URI part from serverID.
>
> I'm having an interesting problem with this and "deletes"
> replication... I described on other thread here:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200812/msg00005.html
>
> Anyway, theres is at least one open bug report on this:
>
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Incoming?id=5617;expression=multi-master
>
> In which Gavin Henry says that he should try to use "Multi-Master" and
> not "MirrorMode", and for whatI understand, he means that you should
> use serverID 1 LDAP_URI , instead of just serverID, but when I try
> adding the LDAP_URI, I get the same issue as Carl.

Check the contextCSN values of your root entry, it should be something
like:
contextCSN: 20081022152926.433582Z#000000#001#000000
while the value #001# indicates the serverID

-Dieter

--
Dieter KlÃnter | Systemberatung
http://www.dpunkt.de/buecher/2104.html