[Date Prev][Date Next]
Multi-master doesn't replicate deletes under certain circumstances.
I just configured multi-master replication (with N=3) for testing
purposes, and I just found an annoying problem, under these
1. Configure a N number of "masters", and have them replicate happily
(this is important).
2. Stop slapd service on all of the servers.
3. Start slapd service on any number of servers < N (ie, leave at
least one stopped).
4. Delete any entry (yes, it only fails with deletes, you can combine
changes: modify, add, and delete, and only deletes will fail to
5. Stop slapd service on *all of the servers again* (this is the most
6. Star slapd service on all the servers.
You will see that, on the servers that you left down on step 3, the
deleted entries are still present.
If you leave at least one server up, it replicates just fine, the
problem is when you stop all of the masters.
OpenLDAP version: 2.4.13
OS: Debian GNU/Linux Etch
Overlays: smbk5pwd (only samba enabled), syncprov (off course).
Any ideas? If you need more info, just ask.
Thanks in advance,