RE: back-sql using varchar keyvals and ids

----- Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

>You can modify back-sql.h, defining BACKSQL_ARBITRARY_KEY and recompiling, to allow strings to be >used as keys.  Not extensively tested, but should work.

Altered the Fedora SRPM to define BACKSQL_ARBITRARY_KEY, rebuilt the RPMs.

Works as expected with either MS SQL Server or MySQL backends. I was able to successfully replace ldap_entries with a view and use baseObject in slapd.conf

Why isn't this #define on by default? Can this be always on or if not moved to a configuration variable in slapd.conf to turn it on?

Jason Potkanski
Information Technology Developer
CCIM Institute
430 N. Michigan Ave, Suite 800