Re: slapd does not start, where do I find the error?

Jorge Medina wrote:
That solved the problem. I wonder why the "configure" step did not
complain about the missing libraries.

It did, but only with a warning. You probably ignored it.

I got the server running using ldaps after installing openssl-devel RPM
package and all its dependencies, recompiling OpenLDAP and reinstalling.

-----Original Message----- From: openldap-software-bounces+jmedina=e-dialog.com@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:openldap-software-bounces+jmedina=e-dialog.com@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Jorge Medina Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:59 PM To: openldap-software@openldap.org Subject: RE: slapd does not start, where do I find the error?

Oops, yes. I meant 2.4.11
Thanks for the options on calling slapd.
It complains that TLS is not supported; my RHEL comes with openssl
installed but not with the openssl-devel package. I'll try to build
again after installing the openssl-devel package.

-----Original Message----- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com] Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:06 PM To: Jorge Medina; openldap-software@openldap.org Subject: Re: slapd does not start, where do I find the error?

--On Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:14 AM -0400 Jorge Medina